New Experiences: NASCAR
Last month my hubby got tickets to a NASCAR race at Kansas Speedway. I’m not a NASCAR fan, and had never been to a race, but I did enjoy the experience. It was exciting, feeling the rumble of the engines as the cars flew past the grandstand. Several things made an impact on me that day:
- The cheapness of the parking (not just all the mud, but the inflatable doll swinging from a flag pole that helped us find our car at the end of the day)
- The number of RVs in the infield (wow, lots of money there . . .)
- Serious tailgating that made the Mizzou football games look like amateur hour (folks set up for days!)
- Everyone walking around with earphones on, listening to scanners (note to self: this’d be a great place to have a truly private conversation, because nobody could possibly overhear)
- Waving at the drivers as they passed the grandstand the first time
What have you done that was a new experience? What did you take away from the experience?